Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Review: Etude House- Vivid Pop Stick (#05 Teenage Dream)

Review:

 Etude House: Vivid Pop Stick (#05 Teenage Dream)

 
I'm going to be reviewing Etude House's Vivid Pop Stick in Teenage Dream and yes, I know what your thinking right now. "Wow, that's REALLY orange!" I thought the exact same thing when I first saw it!
 
I was walking around my Korean cosmetic store when I saw that they got a new line of lipsticks in that I had not seen before and I asked my amazing sales representative that works there (Her name is Keiko and I absolutely adore her) about it. She asked me if I wanted to try one on and I ended up picking up an orange color. Keiko and my friend Courtney insisted that it looked amazing on me but I was still indifferent until I remembered an important detail. I had seen many Korean dramas where the lead actress wore a shade of orange lipstick and it looked extremely gorgeous on them so with that thought in mind, I got curious to see what it would look like on me. That is why we are here today to review my findings!
 
 
Etude House has many different colors in their Vivid Pop line that are all mostly pinks, reds, and oranges and I had to go with the super bright one!
 
The color is super pigmented and it doesn't take a lot to get the color to show. You can either dab it on (like I do) or use it as you would a lipstick but either way it will still be smooth and creamy!
 
The best part about this product in my opinion is that it is 100% matte! I'm in love with matte lipsticks because it's more wearable. If you don't like that it's matte you can always add a clear lip gloss over it which I had done before. It will give your lips an added "umh!"
 
 I liked that it was a twistable pencil and I didn't realize it was until I played around with it at work and apparently my expression looked like I just discovered a tap dancing llama according to my co- worker.
 
I have been using this product for over a month now, every day and it still hasn't made a dent in the product! This will last months and with that in mind it seems like a good value for the money I paid for it.

 

When you wear the lipstick it is actually very light unless you really cake on the product until you get that really bright orange. I actually really loved the color and I could wear it as an every day lipstick which was really nice.
 
The only real problem I had with the lipstick was that it didn't seem to last very long since I had to reapply it every 3 hours. Plus, it would settle into the creases on your lips making very weird lines if you didn't wear chapstick before applying the lipstick.
 
Packaging: 4/5
Effectiveness: 3.5/5
 
With Love,
Deziree
 


No comments :

Post a Comment