Thursday, October 30, 2014

Hydration Station

 
 
 
Late last night I came home from work in the wee hours of the night exhausted from a long day. I collapsed on my bed and buried my head in the soft welcoming pillow and sighed happily, but the short victory of laying down didn't last for long. I somehow managed to tear myself away from my bed that seemed to scream out, "Why are you leaving me!" to take off my makeup and start my nightly skin care routine. Believe me, it was an internal struggle, but in the end I scolded myself by thinking, "Do you want to have acne in the morning?" and I jumped out of the arms of my soft comforter and to my skin care desk like the sheets were on fire.

As I began my ritual of taking my makeup off I noticed that there was something different about today. It took me a couple minutes to figure it out, but to my horror, I came face to face with a flesh eating zombie. After jumping back in shock I came to realize it was me.
 
What happened?!
Then it hit me. Autumn.
 
 
It is extremely important to moisturize during the colder seasons! The harsh dry colder seasons can strip your skin leaving you with a cracked dull husk of what was once your bright and beautiful looking skin.
 
Ways to prevent this horrible skin tragedy from happening to you is to add more moisturizing products to your skin care routine during the cold times!
 
My biggest problem during the cold seasons are chapped lips that if left untreated can cause your lip to split and crack. Ew, and slightly horrifying, plus no one wants to kiss someone with blood dripping down their lips because the couldn't take a few minutes to treat their lips with care. Have you ever tried kissing someone with chapped lips? Not romantic, at all.
 
(INSERT HORRID SCREAM HERE)
 
I use Brlliant's Love Heart Lip Care 3 Step System to fix all my troubles and woes before it gets to the scary situation that is show above... *Shiver*
 
 
1. Step (Dead cell remover) :Low irritation, dead lip cell remover2. Step (Lip gel patch - 5EA) : 100% Essence, Moisturizing3. Step (Lip tint & Essence) : High moisture, Energizing lip essence
I also get troubled with tough dull skin because the harsh weather strips all the moisture from my skin! I usually lean more towards aloe products during the colder times and also products that contain hyaluronic acid.
 
Hyaluronic acid isn’t harsh or skin-stripping like the name sounds but it is in fact, it’s the exact opposite! Hyaluronic acid is a powerful moisture-binding ingredient that keeps skin plump and hydrated and, yes, young-looking! Do you know why babies have skin that are dewy and pillowy? Because they are born with high levels of hyaluronic acid that keep their skin plump and smooth! Hyaluronic acid in skin reduces when you age! I carry around a face mist that contains hyaluronic acid, Amore Pacific's Baby Face Mist, as well as a BB cream, Holika Holika's Petite BB Cream in Moisture.

 
I also use aloe products to soothe the redness of my skin because of the drastic temperature changes as well as to keep my skin hydrated! I'm using Etude House's Moistfull Aloe Cream.
 
 
These are just a few small ways to keep your skin hydrated during the beginnings of the Autumn season!
 
With Love,
Deziree 
 



 

No comments :

Post a Comment